Mental Health First Aid Training with Compeer Buffalo (Adults 18+) is happening on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 08:30AM EST at 1179 Kenmore Ave with tickets starting at $100.00
Thank you for your interest in Mental Health First Aid Training with Compeer Buffalo! Valued at $170 per person, we are offering this course at $100 per person for our community. This in-person, 8-hour evidence based training will teach a 5-step action plan (ALGEE) and enhance your skills on talking about mental health, approaching a crisis or non-crisis situation, and connecting individuals to appropriate resources.
Mental Health First Aid Adult Training Covers:
• Common signs and symptoms of mental illness and substance use.
• Depression, anxiety, and psychosis.
• How to interact with a person in crisis.
• How to connect the person with help.
• How to apply the 5-step action plan in a variety of situations.
• Updated content on trauma, addiction, and self-care.
Please provide a valid e-mail address, as this is where you will receive communications.
Training is subject to be cancelled, if we do not meet the minimum # of attendees.
Full refunds will be distributed in the event that the training is cancelled.
Should you not be able to attend the training after signing up, please let us know 48 hours prior to the training. In the event that it is not within the 48 hour timeframe, 50% of a refund will be given.
Space is limited. 20 seats available; first come first serve.
Food will not be provided, please plan accordingly.
* Certification is valid for 3 years* must be present for the full training, and each participant leaves with a manual.Visit https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/ for more information regarding this training.
Contact: Katie Walsh, Director of Mental Health Education firstname.lastname@example.org For any questions or concerns.
Staying in Buffalo for a night or two? Book a room at one of these nearby hotels.