Simple. Just follow these steps: https://www.unation.com/blog/how-to-create-an-event/
- It’s free, and will always be free, to join and use UNATION.
Using UNATION, you can create both free events and charge admission to your events. When you create an event where you are charging customers, there are two fees associated – the UNATION registration fee, and the Stripe processing fee. Our registration fee varies depending on the ticket price, and will never exceed $5.95.
Free Event –> No Fee
$1 ~ $34 –> $0.99*
$35 ~ $74 –> $1.95*
$75 ~ $124 –> $2.95*
$125 ~ $199 –> $3.95*
$200 ~ $249 –> $4.95*
$250 & UP –> $5.95*
*UNATION service fee per paid ticket
With the Stripe processing fee, the final cost is made up of 2.9% of the total checkout amount, plus the $0.30 Stripe fee, plus the UNATION registration fee, plus the price of the ticket.
Here’s an example based off of a $100 ticket price:
The final cost of $106.33 is made up of 2.9% of the total checkout amount, which equals $3.08 (2.9% of $106.33), plus the $0.30 Stripe fee, plus the $2.95 UNATION registration fee, plus the $100 ticket price.
- Ticket price: $100
- Stripe fee: $0.30
- UNATION registration fee: $2.95
- 2.9% of total checkout amount: $3.08
- Total checkout amount: $106.33
- If you’re interested in learning more about the Stripe formula that is used on the UNATION calculator, you can review it here on their support page.
While creating your tickets you can choose to pay one or both fees yourself, or pass the fees on to your customers with their ticket price. This can be changed during the event creation process, and the calculator will adjust accordingly.
- If you create a public event then you will have a public URL that you can share. You can also invite people over email and share the event to all of your favorite social channels.
For private events, you will need to invite your guests over email and there will be a cookie attached to the link in their email that grants them permission to view the event, but they won’t have the ability to share.
As an added bonus, if you create a public event on UNATION and put that event into relevant categories, your event will be in front of all the UNATION users searching for things to do.
- Absolutely! UNATION has no access to your bank account, it is done through Stripe, which is a secure payment processor. If you would like to learn more about Stripe, you can visit www.stripe.com.
To that point, you will have to set up an account with Stripe, which only takes a couple minutes. It’s free and easy as well. And as you earn money from your tickets, Stripe securely holds that money in your Stripe account and then releases funds to your Bank as often as every day that tickets are sold.
No need to worry about setting up a Stripe account now, we will link you to the Stripe sign up form when the time comes in the ticket creation process.
- Each State has different laws regarding how sales tax is collected. The best way for you to handle any taxes you may owe for your sales is by working directly with a tax advisor. UNATION cannot tell you if you need to charge tax or how much you need to charge if you do. If you’re not sure if you might be responsible for taxes on your sales, your State’s department of revenue website is a good place to start learning more.
You can either do it directly via Stripe by following the steps in this link: https://support.stripe.com/questions/refund-a-customer
Or you can handle take the following steps on your UNATION dashboard:
1. Open your UNATION dashboard
2. Navigate to Manage
3. Select UNATION Event
4. Hover over the event you need to process a refund for
5. Click “view attendees”
6. Search for attendees name that you are processing a refund for
7. Click the order number under the “status” column
8. Under “General”, change the status to “Refunded”
9. Click “Update” in the right hand corner.
10. Give the page a few seconds to update.
11. Once the page updates, you can scroll down to see the total is now red and says refunded!