It’s like we blinked and the decade was over. The 2010s were filled with ups and downs and sprinkled with some quirkiness in between.
This signifies not only the start of a brand new year, but a brand new decade, and of course amazing events in Houston. We’re kicking things off with some of our favorite events in 2020!
This 3-day festival is one of the top outdoor fine arts festivals in the nation! It showcases the works of over 300 of the finest artists in the world.
It’s an amazing non-profit event that also features music, food trucks, creative zones, and more at the beautiful Memorial Park. An exhibition of student artwork composed of the top 30 finalists from the Middle School Art Competition will also be featured at the festival!
🗓 MAR 27–29 | 10AM–6PM
📍 Memorial Park
The beginning of every new year means one thing, RODEO season is about to kick off!!
It’s such a magical and festive time around the city of Houston. This (month) long festival is filled with nightly entertainment from celebrities, exciting rodeo championships, carnival games, FOOD, and so much more.
Public parking will be available, but if you would like to avoid the hassle, the trams will be running for free for all the rodeo visitors.
🗓 MAR 3-22 | 8AM–11PM
📍 NRG Park + NRG Stadium
Houston’s MAC ATTACK! The mac and cheese festival you’ve been waiting for.
This is the only event in town where you get to sample a huge variety of gourmet, chef-inspired twists on your childhood favorite: mac and cheese!
Local chefs and restaurants are cooking up their most creative and delicious mac and cheese while competing for the best mac in town. Be there to sample everything for yourself.
🗓 MAR 28 | 12PM–8PM
📍 Midtown Park
BrunchFest is the ultimate Sunday Funday experience for Houston foodies who know how to BRUNCH. There will be bottomless mimosas and the tastiest of Bloody Marys!
Houston’s best restaurants that make up the brunch scene are taking part in a large variety of brunch dishes to sample. Mingle with other brunch lovers while enjoying live entertainment in the beautiful Midtown Park.
🗓 MAR 1 | 1PM–4PM
📍 Midtown Park
Come on out to the LARGEST Mardi Gras celebration in Texas! More than 3 million beads will be thrown at Mardi Gras! Galveston and that’s just the beginning of the elaborate parades, headliner performances, family events, feasting and other festivities that come with hosting Mardi Gras island style.
You can watch the parade from a balcony on The Strand and join the balcony parties. Dance to non-stop entertainment. Run the 109th Mardi Gras! Galveston Official 5K Fun Run to start the party early. Roll with the 9th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade! Golf Cart parade entries receive FREE entry into the Entertainment District & Best Decorated Golf Cart gets FREE Balcony Party Passes.
This will be 2 fun-filled weekends of fun, entertainment, and celebration!
- 5:30PM – George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Award Presentation
- 7:00PM – George P. Mitchell Mardi Gras Award Honoree Parade
- 8:30PM – Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade
- 10:00PM – Mardi Gras! Galveston Parade
- 11:00AM – Jolly Jester Jaunt 5K Fun Run
- 12:00PM – Mystic Krewe of Aquarius Parade
- 1:00PM – 9th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade
- 3:00PM – Krewe de iHeart Parade w/ Art Cars & Jeeps
- 6:00PM – Krewe of Gambrinus Parade
- 1:00PM – Fiesta Gras! Sunday Parade
- 4:00PM – Mega 101 Fiesta Gras Parade
- 7:00PM – Danny Weber Memorial Fire Truck Parade
- 8:00PM – Krewe da Babalu 14th Annual “All Krewe Parade”
- 9:30PM – Krewe da Yaga’s Parade
- 11:00AM – Krewe d’Esprit Rosire Parade
- 1:00PM – Krewe of WHO? Processional
- 1:00PM – Z Krewe’s 26th Z Processional
- 2:30PM – Mix 96.5 Parade
- 3:30PM – Laissez Lez Bon Temps Rouler Parade
- 6:30PM – Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade
- 12:00PM – Shriners Hospital for Children & Sunshine Kids Parade
- 1:30PM – Krewe of Barkus and Meoux Parade
- 3:00PM – Mardi Gras! Children’s Parade
🗓 FEB 14–16
🗓 FEB 21–23
📍 The Strand – Galveston
Cheers🥂 to the Start of a Brand New Decade!
If we could thank everyone by name we would.
We are grateful for the opportunity to be able to connect with our partners and followers and provide the best events in the city of Houston!
This could not be possible without YOU. So, thank you so much!
Here’s to another year of amazing events in Houston and to another year of endless possibilities.