Hey USF! We’ve got your guide to the University of South Florida . No matter if you are an incoming freshman, a transfer student, or continuing another year at USF, we’ve curated a list of information that we believe every student should know!
Guide to the University of South Florida
Table of Contents
Facts about the University of South Florida
- USF was founded in 1956.
- With three campus’s being in Tampa, Saint Petersburg, and Sarasota-Manatee, the University has over 50,000 students enrolled.
- In 2019-2020, the university represented more than 145 different countries.
- In the past 10 years, USF rose up 78 spots among all universities ranking them #29 among U.S. public institutions.
- The three campuses together take up more than 1,600 acres and around 12 million square feet of building space.
- USF Tampa campus has 13 student housing options and 124 buildings on campus.
- USF has a 24-hour full-service police department on campus. They also have “Safe Team”, Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention, and Emergency and Safety Management available for all students and faculty members.
- USF has over 700 student organizations, 50 different sororities and fraternity chapters, and 17 men’s and women’s athletic teams.
- USF offers a free bus service, The Bull Runner, for all students, faculty and staff with a valid USF ID.
- A lot of students use either their bicycles, long boards, electric scooters, or roller skates to get their way across campus.
- USF has four parking garages and 20,000+ spaces for parking.
- SAFE Team Escort
- Uber for USF offers a current discount for USF students, $3.50 off a maximum of two rides per month at any day of and any time.
Free Things To Do For Students
- Visit Simmons Park, also know as “The Duck Pond”, and bring your hammock or picnic gear.
- Stop by the USF Botanical Gardens.
- Lay out and soak up the sun at Castor Beach.
- Attend “Movies on the Lawn“.
- Stay up to date with all different campus special events with USF’s Center for Student Involvement!
- Head downtown and check out the Tampa Museum of Art (Free for students with valid college ID).
- Go swimming at one of USF’s on-campus pools.
- Check out USF’s on-campus Contemporary Art Museum.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good study spots?
There are many study spots on and off campus! Check out our 10+ Best Study Spots at USF blog to learn more!
What are the COVID-19 protocols on campus?
USF highly encourages students, staff, and faculty to wear masks inside buildings and classrooms. Each student is allowed to get two free hand sanitizers each month provided in a special vending machines.
USF offers free COVID-19 testing for students, staff, faculty. The campus also offers the COVID-19 vaccine.
How are the dorms set up?
There are various types of dorm styles offered at the University of South Florida. There are traditional, suite style, solo suites, and apartment style dorms.
Is there a guide to the University of South Florida?
Yes there is! Fancy meeting you here!