We’ve curated a list of some awesome things to do in Charlotte, all while practicing social distancing. Luckily for us, the community is an amazing one, and many local businesses have moved their classes/products/etc online. So, keep scrolling, and check out how we’ll be spending our time at home.
Even though the thought of staying home sounds better than it actually is, we all need to remember to take some time to relax, entertain ourselves, maybe do some healthy self-care, and of course, get some work done!
- Take your pup for a walk, or throw on some headphones and take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Get out of bed, stretch, and meditate for a bit. There are some awesome, free, apps on the internet the help you!
- Attend a workout class. Virtually, of course! Some of our favorite local spots are live streaming their weekly classes on Instagram and Facebook. Here are a few to check out:
Support Local Businesses Online
- Buy some gift cards to use later.
- Write a review for a business you’ve bought from. They need it now more than ever!
- Write a “thank you” message to your favorite businesses.
- Buy online courses from local studios.
- Check out SkillPop Anywhere for live, expert-led online classes from the comfort of your couch.
- Do some shopping! Here are some local boutiques doing some amazing things:
Set Up A Virtual Date Night With Your Friends
- Host a Netflix Party. Yep, you heard that right. There’s a new Google Chrome extension out there that now allows you to stream movies and shows, totally synchronized, with your friends!
- Have a Facetime/Skype/Zoom date, and host a virtual happy hour. (Our friends at BarCrawlUSA hosted a virtual bar crawl over the weekend. Maybe host your own? It could be so fun!)
- Grab some wine and pretend you’re at Disney with these ride-through videos.
- Host a virtual game night. Some classic board games can be found online now, where you can play with anyone, anywhere. We all need to get a bit competitive sometimes!
Feed Your Soul
- Now that most of us are at home, it’s the perfect time to dust off those pots and pans and learn a new recipe. Make some fun cooking videos to share on your socials!
- If cooking really isn’t your thing, check out our recent blog to see which local restaurants are offering curbside pickup.