Welcome to the oldest city in the US: St. Augustine! There’s so much to do in this historic city that even the locals feel like tourists.
We can’t get enough of this place and find ourselves making the trip from Jacksonville, any chance we get! We want you to start planning your day trips to “St. Augie” ASAP so, here’s your guide to all the great spots!
But First, Coffee
We all know that every great adventure starts with a cup of coffee, so we scoped out the best in St. Augustine. Even if lattes aren’t your style, most of these cool coffee shops are ready to par-TEA and offer tea as well!
Let’s dive into the caffeine!
- Kookaburra is the place you want to go if you are into unique flavors and memorable signature drinks. Once you try the “Honey Badger”, there’s no going back. You will crave it all the time.
- Chocolattes is a house made into a coffee shop and all we can think of is the Hallmark Channel. It has all the Hallmark movie vibes and is on the corner of the downtown area so for a moment, you feel like you’re in a small town. They also have dessert and board games. You will definitely stay awhile like we always do!
- City Perks Coffee is a coffee shop, a winery, and cigar shop all in one. Something for
everybody! They also have the coolest signature drinks and can mix flavors you would have never thought would taste good in coffee–like blueberry. Yum!
Food For Thought
Be prepared for some mouth-watering favorites from the oldest city!
- Sunday Gathering Table is the perfect spot to start the day in St. Augustine! Known for their amazing sourdough, this is ultimate breakfast and lunch destination!
- Pizza Time is our favorite time! It was also voted 2nd Best pizza on Trip Advisor. They use tomatoes imported from Italy in their sauce and it is voted #1 in our book.
- Burger Buckets has mac n cheeseburgers…yes we said MAC N CHEESEBURGERS! And as if that wasn’t enough, they arguably have the best french fries in Florida.
- Columbia Restaurant is an iconic Florida restaurant with a beautiful location on St. George Street. Stop in for their delicious tapas with a glass of Sangria, or their famous 1905 Salad!
One of the best things about St. Augustine is that there are so many ways you can make memories in the beautiful city. We have your must-dos and must-sees–trust us, we have done all of them at least 5 times each and it’s just as fun every time.
- Solano Cycle is your first stop if you want to cruise around the city on a hot ride with a friend, a date, or solo! It’s so common around St. Augustine that you will see a scooter or mini car in the lanes with the regular vehicles. In our opinion, there is no better way to see the city than from a scooter. You can rent one for however long you want and park it at the shops, while you’re eating lunch, or wherever you plan to explore next. We love parking our scooter at Chocolattes to grab a coffee while playing a game of bannagrams!
- St. Augustine Lighthouse is 165 ft of beauty! All 219 steps are worth the sight. There really is no better view of the city than from the top of this historic lighthouse. But wait, there’s more! The lighthouse is not the only thing you can enjoy, there is also many options for family fun, heritage Boatworks, and a World War II-themed eatery.
- St. Augustine Amphitheater was built in 1965 and we are so glad! We wouldn’t have so many great concert memories without it. This amphitheater can hold up to 4,100 people. Make sure to check out our app for one of their upcoming events and get tickets!
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, along with its surrounding park. is a must-see part of St. Augustine history! Make sure to stop by to explore and see the amazing views.
Shop Until You Drop
As soon as you enter downtown, you will see how easy it is to shop, shop, shop! We’re certain there’s a shop for everyone. They have clothing stores for both women and men with every style, souvenir shops, art stores, jewelry stores, and so much more.
We have some local favorites so you can support local businesses!
- Declaration & Co. is for all our trendy ladies out there (and trendy babies). This store is full of cute clothes, accessories, house decor, greeting cards, and so much more. And if you are ever in the Avondale area on the west side of Jacksonville, they have another location there.
- The Perky Pelican Christmas Shoppe is another local shop that we just adore! This Christmas wonderland is open all year long. This is perfect for those times where you feel like shopping early in the year to prepare for the holidays!
- Five and Dime General Store is the store we are talking about when we say there is a store for EVERYONE. This store has everything you can think of. We have a lot of fun looking at all the fun little knick-knacks!
Don't Worry, Beer Happy
We wish you were BEER in St. Augustine right now to grab a drink from one of our favorite breweries and bars! To be sure we can make you as HOPPY as can be, we have your list:
- Tini Martini Bar has the best martinis in St. Augie and arguably the best festive decorations for the holidays. This cute little bar is right across from the water and you can catch a horse carriage ride after trying one of their delicious martinis.
- Auggie’s Draft Room has created a way for us to try 20 different beers and wines and only pay the price for one drink. You just put your card on file and they hand you an Auggie card that you get to scan before pouring an ounce–or eight–into your glass! You pay by the ounce at the end once you turn your card back in. They rotate drinks every week, so make sure to go try every one for us!
- City Gate Spirits is brand new to the city and we’re so glad they’re here. What better way to get your name out there than to have free tasting tours! We got to try them out and we loved their Apple Pie Moonshine.
- St. Augustine Distillery captures the taste of Florida in all their spirits. Go on a tasting tour, enjoy their museum, and even bottle your own liquor! This is a must-do next time you are in St. Augustine!
We Scream for Ice Cream
Even though this is the last on our list, we give you permission to have dessert first.
- Kilwin’s Ice cream is our favorite ice cream in St. Augustine. We can never decide what flavor to get because they are all so yummy so make sure to ask to try them all before deciding. If you still can’t decide, just go with their cookie dough ice cream, you won’t regret it.
- Peace Pie really does have ice cream pie sandwiches that give you peace with every bite. This has got to be one of the most creative ice cream shops we’ve ever been to. They combine pie filling with ice cream and cookies to make it a sandwich. How cool!
- Cousteau’s Waffle and Milkshake Bar has the milkshake that brings everyone to the yard! We suggest sharing one of these wonderful shakes unless you think you can finish it–then go for it. Our favorite is the Nutella shake!