Howdy and welcome to the best place to find things to do in Austin!
Whether you’re looking for ways to safely go out on the town or fun activities to keep you entertained at home, you have come to the right place. With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, we also have you covered on the best ways to celebrate the special day.
Here’s to a great week and an even better weekend!
Heywood Hotel Staycation Giveaway
Win a staycation at Austin’s most romantic hotel! Stuff to Do in Austin and the Heywood Hotel have teamed up to give one of you a 1-night stay for you and your special someone. Need a Valentine’s Day gift for your significant other? What is better than a staycation at the Heywood Hotel! Sign up below to be entered to win a romantic stay!
The Heywood Hotel is a women-owned Austin boutique hotel that features seven beautifully designed rooms. The courtyard patio is the perfect backdrop to enjoy your morning coffee and evening wine. Located in the heart of East Austin, it is the prime location to check out top restaurants, cocktail lounges, and local shops that are just a short walk away!
The winner receives a free stay Monday through Wednesday, good through September 1st.
Full details are at the bottom of this article!
February is Black History Month and we want to take time this month to celebrate black owned businesses in Austin. Check out our complete guide to black owned businesses in Austin and let us know if we have missed any so we can get them included!
One of our favorite spots for Asian cuisine is offering an extensive menu to celebrate Chinese New Year! Check out the menu below and call to place your order when ready.
- Char Siu
- Smoked Pork Belly | Bao | Red Onion | Cucumber | Cilantro $22
- 5-Spice Oxtail – available at 11th St only
- 44 Farms Oxtail | Root Vegetables | Bean Thread Noodles | Egg $19
- Singapore Noodle (Curry Shrimp Rice Noodle) – available at Burnet only
- Shrimp & Pork Shumai Dumplings – available at Burnet only
- Beef & Bleu Gyoza – available at 11th St only
- 44 Farms Beef | Bleu Cheese | Black Vinegar Soy $9
- Wok Greens – available at 11th St only
- Wok Charred Bok Choy & Dinosaur Kale | Crispy Shallots | Sweet Soy Vinaigrette (*Vegan, GF) $9
- Char Siu Ribs- Smoked in House – available at Burnet only
🗓 FEB 12–14
📍 East Location | 1000 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702
📍 Burnet Location | 4805 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78756
Did someone say giant heart shaped pretzel? You bet they did, Easy Tiger is taking Valentine’s Day to the next level and celebrating love all month long.
In addition to heart shaped pretzels Easy Tiger is also offering a Valentine’s Day dinner special. The meal will feature Smoked Short Ribs, Grilled Broccolini and Chocolate Covered Strawberries for dessert.
📍 All Easy Tiger Locations
Randall King is coming to Mavericks Dance Hall in Buda and we are majorly fan girling already! For one, live music!!! Not to mention King is an incredible country music artist.
There is only a limited number of tickets so grab yours early and kick start your weekend early with an awesome concert!
🗓 FEB 11 | 11AM–4PM
📍 Mavericks Dance Hall Buda | 275 Old San Antonio Rd, Buda, TX 78610
Located just 20 minutes north of Austin, Lone Oak Barn invites you and your special someone out for an afternoon picnic. Tickets are for couples and include a blanket, your choice of a bottle of bubbly or red wine, and a charcuterie board.
Spend the afternoon relaxing in the fresh air!
🗓 FEB 14 | 12PM–6PM
📍 Lone Oak Barn | 1810 N Co Rd 122, Round Rock, TX 78665
Join our friends at Austin Pets Alive for their annual 5K to support homeless pets. We’ve been spending a lot more time outdoors and now we get to put that time to good use. Even better this event takes place on National Love Your Pet Day!
Registration is $25 with proceeds going to APA. If you love a good t-shirt you can add a special Palentine’s 5K shirt to your registration for just $5.
We can’t wait to virtually run alongside you!
🗓 FEB 20
📍 Anywhere Safe and Socially Distanced
Featured Blogs of the Week
There are always things to do in Austin, you just have to know where to look! We have you covered from the most unique places to dine in East Austin to everything you need to know about Music Lane and plenty more.
Check out some of our feature blogs for more!
Bless Your Heart!
Queso let’s eat Tacos!
The answer is always coffee!
These are just a handful of mottos to live by and thanks to Frankie Jean you can live them and wear them. This incredibly cute lifestyle brand has apparel such as t-shirts and sweatshirts, the cutest ball caps, a mask collection, home and paper goods, and much more!
We spoke with the owner, Ashley, and asked what inspired Frankie Jean, she said,
“Frankie Jean is named after my mom who is the true inspiration behind my designs. She lost her second battle with breast cancer in 2001 when I was just a freshman in high school. Since then everything I’ve done in life I’ve had her in mind. With this brand, I get the opportunity to spread some joy to others while getting to carry on her legacy and her name.”
Next up, with anyone who is based in Austin, we have to know what their favorite thing to do in the city is. Ashley said,
“I love to paddleboard on lady bird lake especially in the evening when the bats will come out.”
We absolutely love our small business owners and want to share how incredible they are. If you or someone you know is a small business owner send them our way so we can tell everyone how awesome they are.
Heywood Hotel Staycation Giveaway Prize, Rules, and Eligibility
One-night stay at Heywood Hotel in Austin, Texas. Valid for a one-night room reservation between the date of winner announcement and September 1, 2021. Credit is valid for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights only and is based on room availability. Major event dates and holidays are excluded. Blackout dates include: February 15, March 10-20, May 19-23, May 31, July 5. Blackout dates may be added at the hotel’s sole discretion. Credit may be used toward a hotel stay only and not toward other goods and services. No cash value. No refund for unused portions.
Contest Rules and Eligibility:
- The competition is open to residents of the United States.
- Winner will be selected on February 12, 2021 by Stuff to Do in Austin Powered by UNATION.
- How to enter: Enter your name and email in the box above. Like the photo on Stuff to Do in Austin’s Instagram. Must be following @heywoodhootel and @stufftodoinaustin and tag your bae (or valentine!) in the comments of Stuff to Do in Austin’s Heywood Hotel Staycation Giveaway post.
- Employees of Heywood Hotel and their close relatives are not eligible to participate. Employees of Stuff to Do in Austin Powered by UNATION are not eligible to participate. Other individuals connected with these organizations or thee judging of the competition are not eligible to participate.
- Contestants must be 21 or older to enter and present a valid ID and credit card at the time of claiming the war (booking the reservation).
- Winner must also present ID and credit card at the time of arrival. Name on ID must match the winning entry’s name. Reservation is not transferable.
- Winner must agree to adhere to all hotel policies as stated on Heywood Hotel website: https://www.heywoodhotel.com/policies