Hey HOU, What’s New in HOU? We know things are constantly popping up in Houston so we want to help keep you in the loop on what’s new in HOU. From a new bars, coffee shops, to new restaurants, things to do, we are sure you will find something to add to your list this weekend. Be sure to bookmark this page so you are always in the know of What’s new in HOU.
NEW Dave’s Hot Chicken location in Rice Village!
With 7 different spice levels, there’s definitely something for everyone! Choose from a single slider or tender or one of each. Tell them we sent you!
Pro Tip from Ericka: “Dave’s Hot Chicken always delivers! Each location is unique and Rice Village is no different with their neon signs and creative graffiti walls.
I love their juicy sliders with the mild seasoning and a side of ooey gooey mac and cheese. Being the spice lover I am, I had to try their reaper level ONE time and let me say – that one is for the pros!”
NEW Treehouse Restaurant
The Big Vibe Group, who brought us Gratify and Coppa Osteria, has now opened “Flora”. It is located in the former stunning Dunlavy space, full of chandeliers, overlooking Buffalo Bayou. Flora’s cuisine is inspired by the small towns in Mexico with just the right amount of Texas influence.
Some of our favorite dishes were the oysters on the half shell, the ceviche negro, and homemade chips & guac. However, you can’t go wrong with any of their entrees. We must warn you to save room for dessert because we were blown away by the flan and the churros with Cajeta! Finally, let’s not forget the cocktails; the margaritas are an absolute must and come in numerous styles. We highly recommend making your reservations ASAP because this place fills up.
NEW Steakhouse & Lounge
Houston, we have a new steakhouse and lounge! Every single item we tried from the appetizers, to the drinks, to the main entrees and sides, including dessert were SO GOOD! We can’t stop raving about this place so make sure to add it to your next date night!
Make sure you come hungry because you won’t be able to resist all the amazing choices on the menu!
There’s nothing more we love than a new patio bar that is pet friendly! Patterson Park is nestled in the trees along White Oak Bayou with an expansive patio.
They describe themselves as a treehouse escape for adults. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy this beautiful spring weather!
Coffee, Cocktails & CBD Spot
Cocktails, a dispensary and Coffee, what more do you need in one spot? Wild has arrived in the Heights and y’all this place is WILD!
Every single corner is IG worthy including the drinks! Enjoy some CBD in your coffee, coffee in your cocktails and so much more!
Lounge & Sound Garden
A new lounge and sound garden has opened in midtown. The cocktails are absolutely stunning, the inside is beautiful and the music is amazing.
The mood is perfect for a date night, or a girls night, and even better for a celebration whether it’s a birthday, or an anniversary.
So this may look like a theatre from the outside, but step inside and you will find Juliet!
Juliet is an upscale American food restaurant inspired by the restaurants of Los Angeles, New York, London and Las Vegas.
The drinks are amazing and if you are looking to splurge try the $325 24K Gold Tomahawk Ribeye. And make sure to go into the restroom for the perfect photo opportunity! Trust us!
New Luxury Hotel in Houston
Houston’s newest luxury property just opened on February 8th. Blossom Hotel is a four-diamond boutique hotel located in the Houston Medical Center with a beautiful rooftop pool!
As Houston is such a foodie city, we are so excited that Blossom Hotel Houston recently announced its partnership with Michelin-starred chefs Ho Chee Boon and Akira Back to open not one, but TWO distinct dining restaurants on property.
FYI, for those going to the Houston Rodeo, this is the closest luxury hotel, located only minutes from NRG!
New Restaurants/Menu Items:
- A new steakhouse speakeasy has opened in the Heights, Check out Patton’s, located inside Savoir.
- A new sushi bar, an Irish bar, and an event bar are now open in The Galleria! Check out Sushi on Post Oak, Ducky McShweeney’s Irish Pub and Toque all in one location.
- From the owner of Taquero Mucho in Austin, Gabriela’s is coming to Houston Spring 2022!
- New SPEAKEASY at the Four Seasons. Bandista recently opened!
- Mapojeong, Korean BBQ just opened in The Heights.
- Solecita Churreria & Taqueria recently opened in Downtown Houston and y’all the vibes are amazing!
- Loro Asian Smokehouse & Bar– From the creators of Uchi & Franklin Barbecue so you know it’s about to be GOOD!
- Maize– New Mexican Restaurant with a full bar of Mexican spirits.
Things To Do:
- The We are One Music + Arts Festival is coming to Houston May 14&15!
- River Oaks Theatre is SAVED! – After being closed last year, it was purchased by Star Cinema Grill and it’s history will be preserved!
- 2022 Houston LGBT+ Pride Celebration returns to Downtown Houston on Saturday, June 24th
- Prauper Studios– Houston Forever Art Exhibition From 2/11-4/10.
- Top Chef is coming to HOUSTON!! It will be featuring Chef Evelyn Garcia from Houston, Texas. Stay tuned this spring!
- Memorial Park Conservancy Land Bridge Tunnels will officially be open by April.
Tell Us What's New in HOU!
Make sure you check back with us next week to stay in the loop on all things new in Houston! Have recommendations? Send them over to us on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube! Give us a follow if you don’t already!
Looking to join an awesome community of Houstonians and small business owners? Join the conversation on our Stuff to Do in Houston Facebook Group. We have a blast in there, you don’t want to miss out!